Gastroenterology involves the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive system, including the oesophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and intestines.
We diagnose and treat the following conditions:
- Acute and chronic inflammatory disease of the oesophagus, stomach and duodenum
- Cancer of the colon, rectum and the small intestines
- Gastro-easophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Infectious diseases of the digestive system including Hepatitis A, B and C
- Diseases of the liver
- Diseases of the pancreas
Our department hosts dedicated facilities for upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy including a dedicated state of the art ERCP room which allows physicians to diagnose problems in the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, and pancreas.
Our specialist team provides comprehensive endoscopic services to patients that require routine endoscopic procedures, as well as diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
Our services include:
- Upper endoscopy
- Endoscopic ultrasonography
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography
- Capsule endoscopy to assess the small bowel and unexplained causes of anemia.