Dr. Akbar Hajiyev
- NAGOYA UNIVERSITY, GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, LABORATORY OF TUMOR PATHOLOGY, JAPAN, 2018: Cancer Researcher
- HACETTEPE UNIVERSITY, FACULTY OF MEDICINE, DEPARTMENT OF PATHOLOGY, ANKARA, TURKEY, 2014-2018: Residency
- HACETTEPE UNIVERSITY, FACULTY OF MEDICINE, ANKARA, TURKEY, 2007-2013: MD degree, GPA: 3/4, Honor Roll
- HIGH SCHOOL, NAKHCHIVAN, AZERBAIJAN, 2000-2006: GPA: 5/5, High Honor Roll, graduated at the top. National Chemistry Olympiad Winner.
1. Identification of Biopsy Specimens by DNA Short Tandem Repeat (STR) Analysis, 2018. Not uncommonly, a surgical pathologist faces challenges regarding interpretation of tissue fragments that morphologically do not fit to the specimen at hand, known as ‘floaters’. This occurs as a result of carrying over tissue pieces from one case to another during specimen grossing and routine technical process in a pathology laboratory. Also tissue mix-up may pose significant medical and legal difficulties when mixed tissue contains a
significant lesion or tumor. STR analysis has emerged as the method of choice for testing to resolve tissue contamination and mix-up that arise in a pathology laboratory. The aim of this study is to evaluate the genetic alterations caused by somatic instability of tumor tissue and the DNA damages caused by formalin on STR loci.
2. The effects of nutrients and gastrointestinal secretions on intestinal integrity of experimental mouse models, 2018. Paracellular intestinal permeability is mediated by mainly tight junction proteins. Deterioration of tight junction proteins and morphological structure of intestinal epithelium may permit translocation of bacterial end-products (lipopolysaccharides) into the serum. Impaired gut barrier function is related to several disease states. Intestinal epithelium and tight junction proteins are regulated by many factors. The aim of this study was to investigate effect of biliopancreatic secretions and foods on intestinal morphology and microbial flora of rat jejunum.
1. Clear Cell Ependymoma of Spinal Cord, Annual Meeting of Turkish Pathology Society, 2015, Bursa, Turkey.
2. Further morphological characterization of tumor deposits in colorectal carcinomas. 28th Congress of the European Society of Pathology, 2016, Cologne, Germany.
3. Case Report: Infant ALK Positive Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma, Annual Meeting of Turkish Pathology Society, 2017, Antalya, Turkey.
1. Melanomas: Towards New Pathologic Classification, Ankara, Turkey, 2015.
2. Infectious Granulomatous Inflammation; Diagnostic Pitfalls, Ankara, Turkey, 2016
3. Fractals and Pathology, Ankara, Turkey, 2017. 4. Precise in Gene Expression, Ankara, Turkey, 2018.
- PROF. GAYE GÜLER TEZEL, MD, PHD Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Ankara, Turkey, 06100. firstname.lastname@example.org
- PROF. TAKAHASHI MASAHIDE, MD, PhD Department of Pathology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8550, Japan. email@example.com