Education and degrees:
– Medical doctor, KU Leuven (Belgium), 1998.
– Ph.D. in Medicine, KU Leuven, 2002.
– Resident in pathology, University Hospitals Leuven (Belgium); certified as pathologist since 01/08/2008.
– Management Development Program University Hospital Ghent (Belgium), 2010-2011.
– Postdoctoral researcher, FWO-Flanders (Fund for Scientific Research-Flanders), KULeuven, 01/10/2003-30/9/2006.
– Resident (staff member), department of Pathology, University Hospital Ghent, 01/10/2008-30/09/2009.
– Adjunct-Kliniekhoofd (Deputy Head of Clinic), department of Pathology, University Hospital Ghent, 01/10/2009-30/04/2010.
– Kliniekhoofd (Head of Clinic), department of Pathology, University Hospital Ghent, 01/05/2010-28/02/2016.
– Consultant Pathologist, department of Pathology, University Hospital Antwerp (Belgium), year 2011.
– Gastprofessor (Visiting Professor), University of Ghent (Belgium), 01/10/2010-30/09/2011.
– Hoofddocent (Professor), University of Ghent, 01/10/2011-30/09/2017.
– Diensthoofd (Head of Department), department of Pathology, University Hospital Ghent, 01/01/2012-22/11/2012.
– Chef de Clinique (Head of Clinic), department of Pathology, University Hospital Saint-Luc, Brussels (Belgium), since 01/03/2016.
– Professor, Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL), Brussels, since 01/10/2016.
Clinical experience and activities:
– Experienced in the following subdisciplines of pathology: liver pathology, gastrointestinal pathology, lung pathology, head and neck pathology, urogenital pathology, breast pathology, gynecological pathology, hematopathology and soft tissue pathology.
– Wide experience in quality assurance of immunohistochemistry.
– 140 publications in journals with impact factor. Publications mainly in the field of translational cancer research and in the field of liver diseases.
– Hirsh index: 36.